http://medicinagenomica.com/curso-genetica-medica/online/
Búsqueda avanzada
Boton Buscador
Registrarse  /  Recordar Contraseña
eMail
Contraseña
Entrar
 Recordar datos de acceso
Síguenos en: Revista de neurología en Facebook Revista de neurología en Twitter Revista de neurología en Google+
Suplementos de Revista de neurología
Congresos de Revista de neurología
Destacamos
Noticias
Descubierto un mecanismo por el cual el abuso de cannabis puede causar esquizofrenia
Niveles altos de ansiedad parecen afectar el cerebro de los niños
Banner
Índice >> Revista de Neurología (Volumen 33  Núm 4) >> A descriptive analysis of 81 patients referred to ...

A descriptive analysis of 81 patients referred to a neurology clinic for syncope imprimir
Original Castellano   English   Portugués
[REV NEUROL 2001;33:315-318] PMID: 11588722 - Original - Date of publication: 16/08/2001
A.P. Sempere, V. Medrano, B. Martínez-Menéndez, F. Mas
INTRODUCTION. Syncope is a frequent medical problem which is disabling, potentially serious and difficult to treat. Although patients with syncope are often sent to Neurology clinics for investigation we have found no published report analysing this. OBJECTIVE. To analyze the aetiology of the cases of syncope referred to a Neurology Clinic and also the diagnostic usefulness of the investigations requested, particularly those of neuroimaging, electroencephalogram (EEG) and vascular studies. PATIENTS AND METHODS. A prospective study of the patients referred for syncope to a Neurology Outpatient Clinic. The patients were classified into three groups: 1. Epileptic seizure, if the clinical history suggested the possibility of a convulsion rather than a syncope. 2. Syncope of neurological origin, when the syncope is due to a neurological disorder. 3. Non-neurological cause of the syncope when the syncope was not due to neurological disease. RESULTS. We included 81 patients, who made up 4.3% of the patients seen in the Neurology Clinic. Epileptic seizures made up 10% and the other 90% were due to non-neurological causes. There was 0% usefulness of neuroimaging investigations and vascular studies. The EEG showed epileptiform changes in 9% of the patients, with non-neurological syncopes. CONCLUSION. In patients with syncope neurological investigations are not very useful.
Search in PubMed
By author
Sempere AP
Medrano V
Martinez-Menendez B
Mas F
By keyword
Computerized tomography
Diagnosis
Electroencephalography
Magnetic resonance
Syncope
See in PubMed
Current article
Related articles
Keywords:  Computerized tomography - Diagnosis - Electroencephalography - Magnetic resonance - Syncope
        Download citation
  Downloads: 959
Classified in: Epilepsias y síndromes epilépticosNeurofisiologíaNeuroimagenNeuropsicologíaSíncopeTécnicas exploratorias
Average qualification:   9.3   (4 votes)
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10


You need to be logged in, in order to be able to comment this article.
Debe estar registrado para poder suscribirse a este seminario
Inicio de página
Inicio de página
Catalogo Viguera
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Revista Psicogeriatría
Revista Educación Médica
© Viguera Editores   Plaza Tetuan, 7 08010 Barcelona   Contacto  |  Privacidad   ISSN Edición Digital 1576-6578
Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional Última Actualización: 29/07/2014